Did you know that inside Churchill Square Shopping Centre you could get the following beauty treats?..
• Eyebrow Threading
• Lash extensions
• Brow tinting
• Shop the latest beauty ranges
Not many people did! Well, whether you want to get ship shape for your summer holidays, are looking ahead to party season or just as a treat, I road tested the beauty treatments on offer so I could report back to you and let you know all about them. It’s a hard job but someone’s got to do it
I now have a new addiction – shopping in here. It has been a while since I last went, but having recently hauled the store, I found so many goodies. Superdrug has many exclusives, such as Lighter Life, B. Barry M, so you won’t find those brands anywhere else including successful blogger ranges Tanya Burr, Zoella and Ruth Crilly. I love how forward thinking they are as a store.
You’ll also find a brow and lash bar offering professional threading, eyelash extensions, strip lash application and tinting, plus the B. Skincare and Cosmetic Station where you can have a free consultation on your skin regime plus a makeover. I’ve had my eyebrows threaded here, a snip at just £5, and was very impressed with the care and finish. This is the best way to tame brows in my opinion. If you’ve never tried it before, it may sting slightly but it gets easier each time once you know what to expect, and the results last for weeks in my experience.
• Bubblet Bath & Shower Jelly. So much fun. All the products are made with fruit extracts and tea infusions so they smell gorgeous and leave your skin moisturised
• Tanya Burr’s new cosmetics line – there are some pretty pastel colours that will see you into autumn
• COLAB Dry Shampoo – I adore dry shampoo for on-the-go fresh hair when you don’t have time to wash and dry it. This range also lifts and leaves it smelling divine. Endorsed by blogger, vlogger and model Ruth Crilly
• Superdrug’s own Vitamin E Skincare. If you haven’t tried this yet – do so fast! It is one of the best skincare ranges I have EVER tried and in my career as a writer and author – I’ve tried thousands! I chose the Dual Phase Cleansing Oil, which removes makeup, including eye makeup and impurities in one quick swipe. Your skin is also left with a veil of moisture so it ticks a lot of boxes in one product – perfect if you’re tired or in a rush but want effective skin care regardless. The Vitamin E 360 All Over Body Lotion is another genius products for speedy beauty.
• Jasmine Scented Hair Oil – this is excellent for curing dry hair or skin. Since it is natural – you can use it for a number of things. I use it one the ends of my hair and leave overnight for luscious locks, rub it into my belly to keep my bump nourished (I’m currently pregnant), and onto my lashes, cuticles and hands before I get into bed. The result? Glossy, radiant features
• Rimmel Matt Face Powder and Wake Me Up Concealer – classics that are unmatched for the price. The concealer lifts dark circles and the mattifying powder takes away shine for hours. Check out the Kate Moss nude lipsticks too
• Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Nail Paint 6 – Pit Stop. This collection of nail polishes dry at lightening speed plus the flat brush makes it easier and quicker to apply. I love this grey colour – the perfect shade for Fall 2015
• New Beauty UK Define FX Mascara has a rubber-moulded brush for clump-free lashes. Each tiny little bristles grabs each individual lash, comb them through to separate, lift them up and define. Love.
• Models Own Festival Beauty range. From zany nail colours to spray in hair colour, this range will give you fun beyond the festival season
Image credit: some images taken from @SuperdrugLoves on Instagram
As well as an abundance of beauty stations and top brands such as Clinique, Benefit and MAC, you’ll find the Nails Inc. Nail Bar where you can enjoy a professional gel or express mani using their on trend polishes and colours, as loved by Alexa Chung.
Image Credit: NailInc.com
Still a huge fan ok Kiko Milano since its’ opening in the Centre recently, I’m currently coveting the Rebel Romantic collection – of metallics, bronzers, face serums, long lasting eyeliners, contouring kits, creamy lipsticks and more! It’s all wrapped up in beautiful rose gold packaging that you’d be product to flaunt. Take a peek – you’ll fall in beauty-product-love.
Cosmetics by Accessorize
Yep that’s right. The fabulous accessory brand now brings us cosmetics – whoop! Separated into Lips, Eyes, Nails, Face, the range offers a wide colour palette in each collection, from natural nudes to vampy violets yet in amid the mix are ingenious gems that address todays modern world perfectly.
• Take the ‘Light Me Up’ Lip Gloss – Designed with a light-up lid and side mirror, you can get a glamorous pout on the go
• The palette books are fantastic for keeping all your essentials in one place. Containing three eyeshadows, mini mascara, lip gloss, blusher and highlighter, plus a double-ended application brush and mirror. This is your little colour story for packing light and touch ups
• Magic Eyelashes Mascara – Designed with a unique brush that twists to extend and retract the length to create a variety of effects so you turn it one way and it lengthens your lashes. Twist the brush the other way and you have a volumising effect. This is breaking beauty news!
The packaging reflects the Accessorize brand well – pretty, often ethereal, ornate and fashion savvy. You’d be proud to display the products on your bathroom shelf or dresser, especially the nail polishes which look like they’ve stepped out of the 1930s with their elegant glass prism bottles. Prices start from £4.
I hope my haul has helped highlight some of the best in-store right now. So what are you waiting for?